Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Post 5: Connecting Your Project To Your Definition Of Art

Art is anything that is given the intention or effort to become art by its maker. Non-art is anything that was never given the intention to be art.

There is not a lot more that is given the effort of art than music. So much thought and time is put into music and lyrics, people spend their lives making them. Visual art can sometimes just be random and some break of inspiration, music can never be completely random, or else people will hate it. Like some reeeeaaally bad experimental music. It would be awful.

I have not yet written the lyrics to the song I want to record, but I have been working on it a lot. a LOT. I have written a few songs but I never like any of it so I always start over. It sucks because that's how I am. When I read it's rare for me to stick to a book because I get bored with ideas easily. When I try to write stories it's the same thing, that's why I write short stories, longer ones never work out. I enjoy constant change, it even helps me sleep, so I don't see myself writing songs in the future unless they are all poorly thrown together. I am not doing this again.

No comments: