Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Post 3: Read & Respond

Heidikins

The blog post I read was posted by some woman writing about her trip to Seattle and all of the amazing sculptures and architecture she got to see while she was there. I think the main point of her post was that Seattle has so much amazing art and it's all just there. You don't have to go to a museum to see it. None of the photos included in the post were taken in museums, they were all out on the streets. Maybe Heidikins is trying to say that we can find the most beautiful things right under our noses, if we look hard enough.

To prove this she included a few great pictures and told stories of her trip around Seattle. This is interesting because our ideas of art are similar, but she focuses on architecture and the more physical part of art. I really liked hearing about Seattle's architecture and I hope to see it soon too. Clearly it had an effect on me. My definition of art is the same, only now I am more conscious of where art can be found.

No comments: