Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Post 2: What is NOT Art?

What is not art...well to keep things organized I'll again use the example of the old lady smoking. Like I said before, she is not art. Her existance is not art, she was made into art when the guy with the camera came up and snapped a shot of her and thought, hey this could be a very insightful peace of art. Then he developed it and chose it from his selection of photos, he hand picked it. Then he went on to frame it and put it in a gallery. That's how something that is not art becomes art. I don't really know if anything can ever stay in a non-art state, of course there are billions of people like our old woman who were never featured in a photo, but they all have the chance. I guess what I mean to say is: is there anything that can never be art? No, I don't really think so. I think everything has the chance to be art.

No comments: